While every property has good points, most have aspects that would benefit from improvement. With a little thought and energy, you can make the most of the good points and cover up the less appealing aspects. Presentation is everything … and it’s often what sells the emotional appeal of a property.
Set the setting for a successful open for inspection with these helpful tips.
- Ensure your pets are taken offsite so that they won’t annoy visitors
- Attend to any little maintenance jobs such as sticking doors or dripping taps
- A general spring clean will freshen the look and the air; don’t forget to wash the windows inside and out
- Ensure your kitchen is spotless and the working areas are uncluttered
- The delicious aroma of brewing coffee or freshly baked muffins will convey the impression that your home is there to be enjoyed
- Bathrooms and toilets should be gleaming, while scented soaps add a nice touch
- Make sure wardrobes are tidied to highlight a sense of space
- Mirrors in smaller rooms can also convey a feeling of spaciousness
- Place fresh flowers through your home
- Interesting books or artwork in feature areas can encourage visitors to linger
- Create a pleasant mood with instrumental music – classic jazz, classical or sounds of nature