Home Buyer's Checklist
When buying a home, there is a lot to consider, and it’s easy to forget exactly what you should be on the lookout for when inspecting a potential property. Here is a list of some of the things to focus on in an open home.
- The dwellings structure
- Damage from pests
- Poor construction
- Wet spots on walls or ceilings
- Cracks in the foundation
- The neighbours
- Are neighbours' yards neat and tidy?
- Is there evidence of problem pets?
- Do you have a comfortable level of privacy?
- Is the property on a busy road?
- Is the property next to a retail or commercial space?
- Is the property right next to a train line?
- Are there power lines over the property?
- Is the property close to schools?
- Is the property on a flood plain?